November was my best month in affiliate marketing and the reason is the retail phenomenon known as Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I have been reading reports from affiliates who have seen 2-3x the earnings vs. a typical month. Alas, my earnings didn’t double, but there was a nice bump.
Here’s the overall summary for November 2016:
- Gross Income up 24% to $1438, and net income up 25% to $1383, page views up 9% (18.4k to 20k).
- Net income above $1000 per month maintained
- Total time spent: Around 31 hours
- Hourly rate of income: $44
- Very little expenses again this month as I am writing all my content
- Focused on Niche Site 1 as per plan. NS4 also now relegated to the back seat. Next target is to grow NS1 to $2k/mo.
As I am less than 12 hours away from my holiday starting, I wont be doing the exhaustive income reports I usually do.
Goal Achievement Check
My goals for November were:
- Write one long high-quality article each for Niche Site 1 and 4 FAILED
- Maintain $1000 revenue per month DONE
- Profit growth over-proportional to traffic growth FAILED
Last time I talked about the fact that I have been coasting for a few months enjoying the passive income for very little work. Well, I have decided I want to grow NS1 into a large authority site. This means I need to go from the 20 odd posts it currently has into the hundreds. I have been working hard on creating some new money posts, but I will have to look into outsourcing content production if I want to go into the $5k region.
Niche Site 1: 30 hours
Niche Site 2: 0 hours
Niche Site 3: 0 hours
Niche Site 4: 0 hours
Passive Income Ideas Online blog: 1 hour
That’s an hourly rate of $44. I expect traffic and income to grow as I produce more content. That’s it for now folks, wish you all a blessed Christmas and a happy new year! See you in 2017!